Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Toddler Josh and Big Brother Eric















Michael North with Josh and Eric - and a family-made Shushy cloud guitar

Dear Shushy Fans,

Yesterday, Shushybye welcomed some very special guests to our offices here in L.A. Please allow me to begin by sharing excerpts of an email sent by Jill, proud mother of toddler Josh and big brother Eric:

My son Joshua is disabled due to a severe brain bleed which resulted in hydrocephalus and the loss of the majority of the left side of his brain. he has a shunt implanted in his head and runs the length of his body to his abdomen... He doesnt watch tv like all my other kids did except when Shushybye comes on. As soon as he hears the theme music he comes a running!!!! When I watch him dancing and clapping to the music I forget about all of the obstacles he must deal with every single day, the Shushies make him just like any other kid... so his dreamwish would be to see them live in concert!!! Thank you so very much!!!!

Jill

Yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, March 10), Jill, her wonderful husband Thomas and sons Joshua and Eric visited us here at our Shushybye offices. Michael North was here as Michael and I performed Shushybye music for Joshua who danced along to each song. In addition to observing the joy that was in Josh's face, I couldn't help but be impressed as well by his older brother Eric who watched over him with total protectiveness and love. Mom and Dad are going to have blessing after blessing watching as these boys grow up, with the knowledge that young Eric will always and forever be there for his baby brother.

Below is the email I received from Jill following our afternoon together:

Dear Steve,

Just had to send you a message to say how wonderful today was!! You and Michael are most generous and kind. Watching Michael hold Josh while he prayed almost brought me to tears...It doesn't seem like saying "thank you" really expresses what my heart wants to say to you and Michael for making my sons future alot brighter...I truly believe that the characters, music as well as Michael's beautiful voice are directly responsible for giving him as normal a childhood as he could have. To see him using his hand and dancing to the Shushybye music fills my soul with such happiness , mere words are not enough to express it!! So I will close for now by saying that from the bottom of my heart you and Michael are a part of our family now...You are absolutely making a difference in one child's life. God bless all at Shushybye and Thank you for everything.


Joshua and family.

Shushybye and Goodnight,

Steve

4 comments:

nora lappin said...

Dear thomas and JILL.MY WIFE AND I WAS REALLY MOVED TO READ YOUR SONS JOSH STORY ON STEVES BLOG. IT WAS A VERY SPECIAL DAY FOR BOTH ERIC AND JOSH IM SURE.IT DIDNT SURPRICE ME TO LEARN HOW KIND BOTH MICHEAL AND STEVE HAD BEEN TO YOUR LITTLE BOY THANK YOU SHUSHYS WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST TO ALL YOUR FAMILY KINDEST REGARDS DAVID JEAN .

jillroxz said...

Thank you so very much for your well wishes. Without a doubt what Steve and Michael did for my son Josh was Fantastic!!! The entire family had a great time. The Shushys are Heaven sent! Today Josh turned 2yrs. old and his Shushy dolls were the life of the party, no surprise! The Shushys go everywhere he goes!!Take special care, From the #1 Shushy fan, Josh and Family

Unknown said...

Jill and Family I too was touched by your story! As a mom its hard not to put your heart out there and relate. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and so glad he had a fantastic birhtday...I remember when my Jacob turned 2 he saw the Shushys in concert and was in awe as I am sure Josh was too.
Take care
Diana

jillroxz said...

Thankyou so much for your kind words. Josh is doing great and so in love with Michael and the Shushies! We hope to have the opportunity to see them in concert when they are in our neck of the woods! But I can't imagine it could ever top the private time we spent with Steve and Michael. He mentions it everyday, as well as michael being his favorite topic!! God bless you and yours and my family and myself wish you all the best!!!